Monday, June 6, 2011

The Dualistic Nature of Man

Yin and yang. The sun and moon. Light and darkness. Serenity and sorrow. Love and hate. There are two sides to every coin, to every story, to every heartache and heartbreak. Man’s nature is dualistic: capable of loving to such an extent he feels his heart may explode and capable of hating so much, he himself severs the veins that connect his entire being. He may turn to his wife and children each night, with warmth and affection, and then go out to brave the world with self-defeating pride and intentions drenched in vengeance. He may speak of love and acceptance, unity and family and in the same breath condemn another who differs from him.
But we are all inherently the same.
All actions stem from one of two places: love or fear. Love is innate (spiritual, from the soul); fear is learned (mechanical, from this flawed mortal manifestation). Each thought, each word, and action stem from a place of love or the dreaded place of fear. We all speak with one another through the language of our emotions. Emotions are universal: pain, sadness, happiness, laughter. In this individualistic society, we separate ourselves from one another. We create cultures and subcultures. We decide nobody will understand us unless they have lived the life we have.
Nonsense.
Consciousness is the key to better understanding ourselves, our friends, family, society, and our conception of God.  I am realizing this more and more. Awareness of my experiences, my belief systems, and my emotions is bringing me much clarity. Bob Marley said “Before you point your finger, make sure your hands are clean.” His truth resonates.
Truth takes on a different dimension as I clear the illusions from my mind, the veil from my eyes, and the ice from my heart. Things I thought I understood make much more sense when applied to real life. Beautiful theoretical concepts without practical application are absolutely useless.
Intention without action is useless and action without love is irrelevant.
I am intending out of love and I am acting. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment