Sunday, June 5, 2011

Divine Inspiration (God's Knowing Smile)

I lay my head back on the smooth rocks and listen to the ocean waves crash as they creep closer to my already dampened feet. I curl my toes in anticipation of the icy cold water but it does not reach me, yet. My eyes close in awe and reverence as the sun begins its game of hide and seek. I would not know light if I did not know darkness. I pause and bring attention to my breath, the sweet and steady rise and fall of my lungs. I realize balance exists everywhere. Chills slither quickly up my spine as the water meets and greets me. Serenity wraps my being and I lay cuddled, like a child in her tender embrace. Ocean mist kisses spread eagerly on my skin: reminders of God's love for me. In stillness I find truth; in stillness, I find Divine Inspiration.

I have had many, many moments when I have had to pause in shock and acknowledge perfection. Moments when I have exclaimed "coincidence!" Carl Jung called this miraculous and immaculate concept of perfection epitomized and manifested "synchronicity." The psychological and physical realms are tied closely together and in stillness, in the quiet spaces deep within what we call our minds, the fine threads that hold us all together can be seen, appreciated, and harnessed. What we think and how we feel determine what we see and what we create. Our thoughts are carried through these threads like our voices through telephone lines. We perceive perfection all around us yet refuse to appreciate it. Egocentricity is the fall of man. The rise of man lies in selflessness. What are you radiating? What words stream through those telephone lines? What are you saying and who are you saying it to? Why?

They say curiosity killed the cat but they also say cats have nine lives. Be curious! Die and be reborn. Shed layers. Live fully.

Coincidences are defined as remarkable occurrences without apparent causal connection. For something to be apparent, it has to be seen. The inner workings of the mind are intangible and ethereal yet they express their presence through evident manifestations. Have you ever been thinking about someone and your phone rings - on the other line you hear the voice of the person in your thoughts? Have you ever been craving something and someone happens to bring it to you? Have you ever heard the same unusual story or word in the same day? These are what most express as coincidences. Through my clear eyes of joy I perceive these occurrences as God's knowing smile manifested. I am reminded I am not alone and that perfect order exists, independent of man's skewed beliefs - beliefs imposed on me through media and through subliminal distractions. I am reminded of the fine threads holding us all together. I am reminded to radiate only all of the beauty I wish to attract.

The connection between our thoughts and our reality is undeniable. We see because we believe. What do you believe? How does that shape what you see? Curiosity is a beautiful expression of life, of a growing mind.

Expand your consciousness. <3

1 comment:

  1. Divine inspiration...the fountain of the beauty you radiate and attract in return. The more we give, the more we have to spark imagination and fuel the fire of self knowledge. I'm starting to realize our Karma is no coincidence. Selfless Surrender to those undeniable instincts will let our reality follow the contours of God's knowing smile into fruition. Our preoccupying thoughts keep bringing us back to path from which we have unknowingly strayed. Our recognition of each coincidence is a glimpse of foresight: road signs on the next adventure He would not want us to overlook.

    ReplyDelete